Want to take the next step in your Beach Volleyball career?
The IAS Beach Volleyball Program is designed to support the developmental needs of the regions young talented Beach Volleyball players by providing industry leading high-performance sport development programs.
There is a heavier focus on the Beach Volleyball component of the program in summer. IAS, Volleyball NSW, and the RASi network aim to deliver high quality training for all athletes and coaches identified by VNSW. The program is aimed at increasing the skill and education level of athletes and coaches which will enhance opportunities for progression along the VNSW performance pathway (i.e. selection into VNSW State Teams and National Teams).
The program will provide coaching, training and competition to improve athlete development with a view to:
- Develop the fundamental skill level of athletes which will enhance their opportunities for selection into NSW State Teams
- Prepare athletes to a level where their transition to any NSW State Team is ‘seamless’ in terms of programs or pathways
- Increase the level of success of those athletes at competition and events in competition nationwide
- Provide an introduction and progression into sport specific strength and conditioning
- Provide education around athletic development as well as personal development in topics such as Nutrition, Sport Psychology, Media Skills / Public Speaking, Youth Leadership, Drugs in Sport
- The program will conduct weekly skills based and strength and conditioning training to which attendance is expected
To be eligible for an IAS Volleyball Scholarship, athletes must:
- Reside within the Illawarra Region, Wollongong, Shellharbour, Kiama, Shoalhaven and Wingecarribee and
- Be a registered member with Volleyball NSW
- Born between years 2005-2010
Athletes identifying as Indigenous and Torres Strait Islander are eligible to participate in the MCR Indigenous Sports Program (ISP). The ISP provides an opportunity for the IAS to provide mentorship and a dedicated level of focus upon the outcomes and support for Indigenous athletes.
Satisfy the eligibility criteria and demonstrate the following qualities;
- Physical abilities and physical skills considered to be essential for eventual success in Beach Volleyball
- Display an ability to apply coaching & technical instruction
- Display attitude, commitment and dedication to improving performance
- Demonstrate potential to be selected for NSW state teams
- The ability or potential to work as part of a team to achieve excellence
NB: Subjectivity is an unavoidable element of selection to the IAS Volleyball Squad.
Nominations close: 16 September 2022
Trials: Saturday 1 October 2022, 10am-2pm, Wollongong North Beach
As with all other IAS programs, the IAS will not impose a fee to become a scholarship holder.
A fee will be required directly to Volleyball NSW, this fee structure is under review and will be advised soon.
All selected athletes will be required to purchase the IAS Volleyball squad uniform.