Satisfy the eligibility criteria and demonstrate the following qualities;
- Affiliation to a sporting association associated with chosen sport
- Evidence of classification or ability/capacity to gain/ seek a confirmation of disability whether it is physical or intellectual
- Capacity to represent at State and National level within 12 months
- Display an ability to apply coaching and technical instruction
- Display attitude, commitment and dedication to improving performance
Applications Close: 26 August 2022
Athlete Interviews: 30 August 2022, 4:30-6:30pm, UOW Sports Lounge
Automatic qualification MAY be reached by achieving one or more of the following criteria:
- Previous selection in IAS AWD squad with satisfactory approval from Head Coach,
- Current participation in organised sport of choice at a representative level
- Head Coach recommendation from application of achievements
Further information for acceptance into the IAS Para Sports Program:
- Athletes must have a classification and be registered with their respective sport organisation/ federation.
- For team sport athletes they must be registered and playing in a team at a competition level not recreational.
- Athlete must have a level of independence where they can work alone for a period of 10 – 15 minutes in a gym setting. If not, they must have a carer with them.
Those athletes who do not achieve automatic may be invited to attend an interview. Those athletes selected to interview will be contacted after nominations close.